Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Scenario for TM's Return to Llanview. # One

Blair exited the Manning building.  As she headed to her car, she looked toward the building that housed Todd's old Penthouse. She looked up and was surprised to see a light in the window of the Penthouse. Something wasn't right. The Penthouse was supposed to be closed up. Blair looked at her watch it.  It was getting late, she should be heading home but she couldn't get over the feeling that something was about to happen. Thinking she might have been mistaken, she glanced up as she neared the building. There was definitely light coming from the penthouse. She decided to check it out. Blair nodded at the doorman and made her way to the Penthouse elevator. She was filled with trepidation as the elevator came to a stop.

Blair stepped out into the hall and headed for the door. Music is emanating from within. She recognized the song . It was one of her favorites. Todd used to play it all the time. She found herself humming "My One and Only Love" as she reached for the door. Strange, it was unlocked. Blair turned the knob and entered quietly.  The light she saw was coming from several candles around the room. It was surreal she thought, the effect of the candles and the music, yet everything in the room was covered. Just as she started for the stairs a voice from behind her spoke.

"Hello."

Blair spun around, she saw a man in the shadows. He looked so familiar even though she couldn't see his face. He moved forward and the candlelight caught his features. "My God, it can't be.  Are you real?" Blair was stunned, he looked the same but different.

"Are you alright?" he said. Then in answer to her second question he looked down at himself and said " I think I am." He looked up "You look familiar.  Do we know each other?  I came here looking for my daughter but I guess she's gone. It's been such a long time." he walked past her to the window and stared out. "I didn't mean to be away so long."

Blair's heart was racing as he passed her to go to the window, she almost reached out. He sounds like Todd but he's acting so strange and he can't be Todd, Todd's at home with Tea. As he was talking she heard the longing in his voice for his daughter. "What's her name, your daughter?" she asked.

"Starr" he replied. " I can't find her or her mother? I really thought they would be here. I'm trying to remember where else I could look for them but nothing is coming to mind. I hope they don't mind me staying here. I thought if I stayed they might come home."

Blair's heart was breaking. His daughter's name was Starr and he was searching for her and her mother. My God what happened to him. "Todd" she whispered.

He turned around. "Yes? I'm sorry I didn't ask your name." He looked at her waiting for a reply.

"Blair, my name is Blair." she said.

Todd stared at her for a moment. Then he closed his eyes, he whispered to himself "I have a daughter, her name is Starr, her mother's name is...Blair!." He opened his eyes and suddenly his face lit up " It's you, you're really here. My Blair." he moved to her. "You are so beautiful in this light." he took her into his arms and gently kissed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. All constructive comments welcomed and appreciated